Monday, February 4, 2008

What Happened to Service?


A friend was telling me a story the other day about the terrible service he received from his cable provider. The customer service agent was rude, unable to fix the problem and even told him that a previous problem was fixed by "magic" and she didn't what else she could do.

When did poor service become the norm?

In an effort to try to save money companies not only outsource factory jobs, but also customer service jobs. There is nothing more frustrating than when some thing doesn't work and you call customer service and you have to struggle to understand the service agent. I know they are probably hard workers and great people, but that doesn't help me fix the problem. I know a few times I have recommended my cell phone provider just becuase the customer service agent speaks English that I can understand??? Not becuase the service was outstanding, but they had customer service I could use.

However, it's not like we deliver great service ourselves. From utility companies to waiters/waitress to retail workers service is typically horrible. I went to a rent a movie last week and it took 30 minutes to check out!!! It wasn't busy (my wife and I were the only people in the store), but the cashier had better things to do than help us and when she did decide to do her job she was incompetent and slow. And her manager sat their and watched it all happen?

I wish I knew what was the source or reason for the lack of service in our society and how to fix it, but I don't have that much time on my hands. So instead of crying, I have decided to celebrate good service on my website and blog and will be creating a working list of "GOOD" service that I have experienced. And I'm not talking about just people/companies providing service (which often passes as good service these days), but actual people/companies that go above and beyond.

If you have any nominations or stories, please feel free to let me know.

Prosperity Financial, LLC - Your Mortgage Manager

Lafayette, CO


Purchase - Refinance - Cash-Out - Home Equity - Debt Consolidation - Great Rates

No comments: